Monday, April 21, 2014

WTF! So this is Human Rights?

Look at the picture, the part that is highlighted is titled "Perjuangan HAK ASASI MANUSIA, Antara Agama Tanpa Kebebasan dan Kebebasan Tanpa Agama". The translation in English is "The Fight for HUMAN RIGHTS between Religion without freedom and freedom without religion". Now read the article here article

So what's the point? OK, so I'm a Malaysian with Chinese heritage, a Malaysian Chinese. If according to the article is true then I'm a product of a “cunning and evil” conspiracy. Isn't that just great?

So your fighting for your own human rights, that's all good, but when you put a banner there that says fighting for human rights and come out saying your own racial rights, where's the human in that? Are the rest of us not humans or lesser human beings?

Am I against the syariah and hudud laws? To be honest I don't know and I think like many normal people, I'm not even sure about the existing laws, I'm not a lawyer. Like many, I probably know the basics, steal and get caught you go to jail (but for how long, few years), commit murder and you'll probably get a life sentence or a long one, dealing drugs like heroin, and being in the possession of a few grams could get you hanged. Things like that.

With the Islamic law implementation, there is probably much fear and misinformation about it. If it was one day implemented in Malaysia, then I would just have to learn and follow the laws and hope that there will be no corrupt officials that will frame law abiding citizens.

Although I'm considered a "Pendatang" (Foreigner) by some Malay groups I actually have no problems with other Malays. Some of my best buddies are Malays an they're really great people. But I'm very disturbed that these "extremist" are trying to portray themselves as the high and mighty while spreading fear by strongly suggesting to their own people that people like me are a "problem" and needs to be "fixed"

No comments :

Post a Comment